In a world of sound, there lived a passionate audiophile named Alex. Alex had a collection of hi-fi audio devices that he loved to connect and experiment with to create the perfect sound. Over time, his collection grew and grew, and he needed more and more platforms to hold them all.
Alex began to stack his components on top of one another, and before he knew it, his audio rack had grown taller than he was! He had to constantly add more levels to accommodate his expanding collection of gear.
One day, his friend came over and saw the tower of audio equipment and exclaimed, “Wow, Alex! It looks like you’re building your own Tower of Babel!”
Alex chuckled and replied, “Yeah, I guess you could say that. But instead of trying to reach the heavens, I’m just trying to achieve the perfect sound!”
His friend laughed and replied, “Well, as long as it sounds good, that’s all that matters. But you might want to be careful not to stack it too high, or you might end up with an audio system that’s more precarious than impressive!”
Alex took his friend’s advice to heart and made sure to keep his tower of audio equipment stable and secure. And in the end, he was rewarded with a fantastic sound that was well worth the effort of building his own Tower of Babel. But the question now is, what comes next? The rack has been extended by one level. So it has space for more again…
As of now, my system consists of the following components:
- Power conditioner (IsoTek EVO3 Aquarius) – Status: Done √
- Monoblock Power Amp (NuPrime Evolution One) – Status: Done √
- Multichannel Power Amp (NuPrime MCX-4) – Status: Done √
- AV-Pre-Amp (Emotiva RMC-1L) – Status: Done √
- Network Bridge/Roon Endpoint (Sonore opticalRendu) – Status: Done √
- Data storage and processing for music streaming (Ubuntu NAS) – Status: Done √
- Stereo DAC (PS Audio DirectStream DAC MK2) – Status: Done √
- …What’s next ???